Sunday, June 21, 2009

Enough with the rain already.

If you didn't know, it's been raining in Salt Lake for at least the last 3 weeks. According to the weather forecast, there was a 60% chance of rain in the Wasatch today, so I figured I wouldn't get to do any climbing and I slept in instead. When I got up, the sky was blue and nearly cloudless, so I decided I'd have a go at Reynolds Peak (9,422 ft above sea level) since it looked like a short, relatively easy local climb. When I got to the trailhead, the sky was still blue. About twenty minutes into the hike, I felt a few drops of rain and the air had that feel to it that said "It's gonna pour, fool!" (In my imagination, the air talks like Mr. T.) I reached in my pack to get my rain coat, only to realize I'd left it at the house. I turned around. On my way back to the truck, it started pouring. I started jogging, only to arrive at the truck under bluebird skies. I guess in the end I made the right choice by turning around since the lightning started soon afterward. Still, this unending weather situation is unbearable.

2 comments:

RockDr said...

you're in a desert there - it doesn't rain.!

Adam said...

That much rain sounds a lot like here.