Saturday, November 15, 2008

Guadalajara

I´ve been in Guadalajara now for 4 nights and I love it here. My second night, a few of us from the hostel went out and took a salsa dancing lesson with some locals. They were very friendly and welcoming to us, and well as patient with my awkward gringo dance moves. I eventually learned the basic steps and a few fancier moves, again thanks to the kind patience of the Guadalajarans.

I spent a good half of the next day trying to find a place to do laundry, which I finally did on a sketchy looking street where a shady character tried to sell me marijuana and cell phones. I just did my laundry.

Yesterday we went to the nearby town of Tequila, birthplace of the distilled beverage of the same name, and got to see a couple distilleries. It´s a fascinating process.

Fun Fact: To legally be called Tequila, the beverage has to come from one of a select few places in Mexico where the blue agave plant grows just right.

That´s all for now. I´m kicking myself for not bringing the right cable to upload pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What - walmart in mexico does not have USB cables?